In the event industry there are a few parameters that dictate the size of each event. Location is key, then there's budgets, sponsors, suppliers and of course the people that the event is catered to.
the Festival of Motoring is one of those events that has everything to make it the successful event that it is.
This event will be one not to miss! So if you are in Gauteng, do yourself a favour and get your tickets ...even if its to see our beautiful mammoth of a marquee :)
* The size of the marquee is 20m x 215m or 4,300 square meters
* It took 1 day to build the frame and 1 day to pull the PVC roof skins and install the glass sides
* Our JHB Site Manager Skhumbuzo Mthiyakandabezitha, aka Mayo, aka Gorgeous, managed the entire load up and build, he will also manage the breakdown and off load after the event
* The crew were on site at 5am and left site at 10pm (working on rotation)
* The crew consisted of 12 permanent staff and 12 casual staff
* All the stock was transported in 2 Superlink Trucks
* Each Superlink had a load of 35 tons
* That makes the weight of the marquee 70 tons! (almost the weight of a Boeing 737!!)
Festival of Motoring Instagram video with our beauty in the background :)